Saturday, January 08, 2011

The Rome Poems


Rome 1a


2008. Evening. Piazza Navona.
An Irish student asks the street musician
if he could play along with him.
He brings out an old school desk
sits in it
and thumps along.


Rome 1b


2008. Afternoon.
Walked into the Hotel d'Inghilterra to have a look.
Went into the Japanese Bar and saw an old Brit in the library.
He was dressed to the nines and drinking scotch.
He smiled at me and said’ “It’s Tarzan.”
Johnny Weissmuller was on the flat screen.


Rome 2a


2009. Dream.
Space, 7010.
We found an abandoned Space Station. It was frozen.
We found a drop of solid sperm floating in the toilet facility.
The space station was from 2010.
I thought about Jurassic Park.


Rome 2b


2008. Dream.
The Charles River, 2007.
I was at the business school, or at the old family home.
I’ve never had an old family home.
A case study was in progress.
It was called The Life Machine.
You fed in various inputs like Cornetto wrappers or some spare change,
and whatever comes out
will be due on 08 July.
I caught the frizzbie to the library with two other passengers.
We were followed by tracer frizzbies.
I felt bad that I was late in starting the case study.


Rome 2c


2010. Afternoon.
I asked Nathalie what makes a Roman happy.
“AD or BC?”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?